Every year during the month of November in the heart of the Thanksgiving season, Offsetters Cultural Club goes out into the community to give back in multiple ways. The organization’s objective is to identify a family that is struggling to put food on the table. This relationship typically last beyond the thanksgiving season. Once a month you will be asked if you can shop and send a bag of groceries or make a donation to allow the organization to do so on your behalf. Families are selected based on the following criteria:
- Referrals from supporters of Offsetters Cultural Club
- Referrals from community religious organizations
- Special preferences are given to
- Abused spouses and their immediate families attempting to get back on their feet
- Homeless families
- Families who recently lost their homes as a result of accidental (fires) or natural disasters (storms)
Click here to apply or call 718-629-3261 to request a paper application.